Re: F-250 shock mounts-what year?

From: Mike Bowlin <live2wheel_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:53:59 -0700

 James,
 This is how I mounted my 250 mounts to be long enough for 14" travels shocks. Raise them up on the
frame so that the bottom of the mount is about a 1/2" away from the top of the frame and weld them
to the side of the coil cups and along the bottom of the mount/top of the frame.By welding them to
the side of the coil buckets you also eliminate any flexing of the mount. I have raced around in the
desert with an unpinned radius arm and sent my front end 3-4 feet off the ground and slammed it back
down climbing ledges with no damages to the shock or mounts.
Mike Bowlin
67 EB narrowed 8"s...sefi 5.0,700r4,4.3 atlasII
Working a job you hate
to buy things you don't need