Re: D60 ?

From: John Foottit <foottdc9_at_erau.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:40:15 -0700

this is similar to how I did mine. I set my dana 44 on the shop floor with
the arms attatched, leveled the top of the steering knuckles, and measured
from the shop flor up to the end of the radius arm. I then set the arm up
on the dana 60 with the knuckles level and the same distance off of the
floor, tacked, removed the arms, and finish welded. Another trick I used,
instead of trying to grind a quarter of an inch out of each c-bushing mount
(the 60 tubes are about a half inch larger) I fabricated 1/2" spacer plates
to place between the radius arm and clamp. I then just welded up the front
hole in the coil cups, and redrilled it a half inch further forward. It was
much easier than trying to smoothly grind the inside radius on the c bushing
mounts.