Re: cooling questions

From: jamesguld <jamesguld_at_cybermesa.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 08:33:06 -0500

Stay with the stock fan and shroud. I have the wild horses 4 core radiator
and the space between it and the fan is 1-1/2". As far as the tranny coolers
go that has alot to do with were you live. When I lived back east I had just
one aftermarket cooler and the stock radiator cooler. Now out in NM I use 3
aftermarket coolers. 2 mounted inside with a fan and one on the framerail. I
had one in front of the radiator but it was causing me to run hot on the
trail. Most of the coolers come with mounting kits and foam to isolate them
from the radiator if you go this route. I'm using stacked plate style coolers
inside the cab,ones 3/4" thick and the other is 1-1/2" thick. Ones a B&M and
the other is from a company in Canada,I forget the name but they sell them at
Checker for about $60.00. They are both about 8"x12". On the frame rail its
a long aluminum 3" round cooler from Speciality Auto Tech.