Re: [Fwd: NEW BILL THREATENS YOUR HOBBY--ACT NOW!]

From: Michael Humphrey <mhumphrey_at_austin.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:14:56 -0600

I don't know if California ever had an official program going. Unocal did
however in the late 80's or early 90's have a pulic relations program going
where they would give x amount of dollars for pre 1980(?) vehicles to get
them off the road. My dad was an employee at the time and the CEO suggested
that he might put our first owner restored 1963 VW bug in the program.
Needless to say my dad was not amused!

-Mike