Re: [Bfix] License To Wheel (Was:Moab/utah Closings)

From: Brett Kinch <kinchx4_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:50:31 -0700

LOL!! that's nasty!!
   Well, it's not the fees so much as it is the education per indiviual on
Use, by making a mandatory reading and testing to get a license. The BLM
does need to increase its' monitoring by way of more Rangers on duty. Yes,
there is tax dollars spent, and the BLM's management needs to be reevaluated
if we as Americans want to continue to keep our Public Lands public.
   The Focus, I believe, is the need to educate the public and do what we
can to drastically reduce ignorance. It may not put an end to misuse, but
I'm betting it would reduce it by a great amount.
Brett Kinch
Rock-Quip
www.rock-quip.rockcrawler.com

> First off, I was lucky enough to get to remove a human turd from my dog's
> mouth yesterday while hiking on public lands. Nice fresh one. Second time
> in a year and a half. Just thought I'd share my most revolting experience
> with the list.
> Unfortunately, use fees don't work. We have land use permits for the
> National Forest in So Cal (Adventure Pass). If you park your car in the
NF