Re: Axle wrap destroying my rear driveline?

From: Brian Wickert <bwickert_at_cnetech.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:51:49 -0800

It sounds like you are assuming the squeak is from the cv. Put the t-case
in neutral, with the wheels chalked, and check the cv for lateral or
vertical movement. Should be fairly solid.

If you need a new driveshaft, you could probably get away with only allowing
1" for compression (stiff springs/ shocks and ALOT of self control over
railroad crossings). I'm guessing the 3.5" lift will only separate the
driveshaft about 3/4". If you raise the vehicle 3.5" (yet another
assumption), and the shaft sits around 20 degrees from horizontal, that is
less then 1/4 of the vertical or 90 degree's of lift. I don't remember all
the tangent/cosine stuff, but it works cause it is all relative and linear.

Brian Wickert
Hanford, CA
http://www.bwickert.alloffroad.com/DusyErshim/DusyErshim.html
http://www.bwickert.alloffroad.com/HydroBoost/HydroBoost.html