Re: [Bfix] Dana 60 information needed

From: Kurt Millard <kmillard_at_merr.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 21:28:06 -0600

>I would LOVE to debate this with any body.

Brian,
I have to agree with you on every point you made, except a few.....8).

> Add some Duff c-bushing wedges (plus the JohnF and BW spacers, 8^)

Call Duff's, Jeff's, etc... or a grind a set off a (preferably broken) D30.
If the machining could be done for a reasonable price, I'd prefer to have a
set of wedges milled to the correct diameter of approx. 3.03" instead of
using the spacers. Because of the geometry of the wedges, making a fixture
to clamp them so they can be machined would be a MAJOR PITA. And there goes
a reasonable price.

Because of cost then, the spacers are the way to go IMO.

> Heim joint ends on the tieord/draglink would be the easiest.

Easiest yes, but the Chevy tie-rods have a higher mis-alignment, and don't
have the pitfalls of heim joints.
If you wanted "easy", you wouldn't be installing a D60...LOL!

Kurt Millard
Cross Plains, WI