Re: Axle wrap destroying my rear driveline?

From: Brian Wickert <bwickert_at_cnetech.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:22:26 -0800

My original third member made a bad noise until I removed the rear
driveshaft. Just something else that could possibly squeak, but your
probably right.
Sounds like the cv to me. I was just suggesting you check it to be sure.
It is pretty easy to check if it is the cv.

>I must mention that I am running a C4 so the rear
>will always be loaded except when in Neutral.
Putting the t-case in neutral will remove any load on the rear driveshaft,
and the front driveshaft for that matter. If the driveshaft is loaded, it
will feel tight and you can not tell if there is abnormal play in the cv.

Brian Wickert
Hanford, CA
Think about how much fun you can have playing with it today, and what the
resale value will be tomorrow!