RE: Re: Choice of injectors/393 stroker

From: Coby S. Hughey <cobyh2_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:04:00 -0700

One trick for that would be to run some type of cam on your throttle cable
that gives the first few inches of stroke less travel on the throttle blade.
Another trick is to use a camshaft that moves the rpm band up a bit; that
kills some of the low end torque and makes it less sensitive to small
throttle changes at lower rpms(with a stroker you usually have torque to
spare). I'd run a 70mm TB with your setup; I'm probably going to a 75mm tb
setup on my own rig.

> > not really - but i'd probably go w/ a 70MM instead - you want to make
> > the efficiency of that motor as high as possible.
> What does this mean?

He means you don't want to restrict airflow when you've spent so much money
to move more air. Air is horsepower/torque.

> We all know that Dyno2000 is probably 10-20% high any way. But,
> if the 30's
> will idle nicely, that sounds like the safest way to go.
>
> Anyone running the eec-tuner to recalibrate for larger injectors? Last I
> remember, seems like you could put your stock mustang maf sensor into a
> larger MAF (like the new 4.6L vehicles or something), and re-set the
> computer for #30 injectors. Basically off setting the cost of the
> eec-tuner, by not needing a special calibrated MAF. Anyone know for sure?

Yes, I'm running an EEC Tuner calibrated for larger injectors.

BTW...don't run the 24lb injectors. Make your decision between 30lb and
36lb injectors.