Re: [Bfix] Welder recomendations

From: William Sharp <wesbronco70_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:16:52 -0600

I have owned a Miller 185 and have the new 210. From my own opinion of both
models, the 185 is a better made machine. I wish I had kept my 185! If I
were to do it over again I would have gone with a Lincoln. I received my
210 with 'concealed damage' from USF Holland, who now is the cartage company
contracted by Miller. If you go with a Miller, I would advise buying from a
local weld shop, to save the headache of dealing with USF holland. This
would also protect the buyer in case of a defective machine. I have not had
the best of experience with Miller, in trying to get them to repair the
damaged sheet metal on my 210. I recently got a hold of the man in charge
of complaints at Miller, I spoke to a Tom Peters earlier & got nowhere.
Kevin, the guy on top of the food chain at Miller, is looking into my claim
& will get back to me - so I'll see what happens.
W. Sharp