EFI conversion woes

From: <BRONCOFNTC_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:32:21 EST

I have completed a speed density conversion on my slightly modified 302 and
would like your collective opinions.

I used parts off of a 88 town car. It runs just fine at idle and has a slight
stumble off idle with no load. But its not even drivable. On the street if I
very gradually accelerate its not too bad, but if I get on it it will
backfire and loose power. I have checked the HEGO wiring and found no
problems (left to right wiring is OK). The KOEO test returns no problem
codes. The KOER test returns 94,44,75 Thermactor and Brake On/Off codes,
shouldn't be related to my drivability problem.

Is this just because the speed density system doesn't like the motor, (cam
bored over with headers)?

I did the swap with the intention of changing to the mass air but I want to
make sure I have not overlooked something.

Any input greatly appreciated.

John Coones
Bighorn 4X4
'74 Bronco