Re: fuel pump question

From: Lars Pedersen <lpedersen_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 13:23:18 -0800

All those pumps are indeed for carbs. SEFI pumps are typically capable of
pressures in excess of 70 psi IIRC. All the ones I have ever seen are
cylindrical with input on one end, output and electrical connections on the
other end, about the same diameter as an ignition coil (whose mounts make a
convenient fuel pump mount.) That Carter pump is probably a good choice for
a low pressure "sucker" to move fuel to the high pressure pump, which can
be lousy at pulling fuel out of the tank if the fuel level gets below the
pump inlet.

Lars Pedersen
Davis, CA