how to unsubscribe from a list

From: Lars Pedersen <lpedersen_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:08:53 -0800

This from a Landcruiser list posting. Too funny not to share, I thought...

Lars Pedersen
Davis, CA

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:12:45 -0800
From: LCML Admin - lcadmin_at_d-web.com
Good morning listers,
I was able to go into the NOS (New Old Stock) and find several OEM
unsubscribe kits. Unlike the after market kits available through other
retailers, these kits work and are free of charge. I am short on
instructions (rev 37) so I will post here for your use.
underneath. When you have fastened the adhesive lip, attach connection
marked by the large "X" outlet hose. Twist the silver- colored ring one
inch below the connection point until you feel it lock.
The kit is now ready for use. The small switch on the lip activates the
unsubscriber. When securing, twist the ring back to its initial condition,
so that the two orange lines meet. Disconnect. Place the Dalkron
unsubscriber in the vacuum receptacle to the rear. Activate by pressing the
blue button.
The controls for System B are located on the opposite side. The red release
switch places the unsubscriber into position; it can be adjusted manually
up or down by pressing the blue manual release button. The opening is
self-adjusting. To secure after use, press the green button, which
simultaneously activates the evaporator and returns the unsubscriber to its
storage position.
You may log off if the green exit light is on over the evaporator. If the
red light is illuminated, one of the unsubscriber requirements has not been
properly implemented. Press the "List Admin" call button on the right of
the evaporator. I will secure all facilities from my control panel.
To use the Auto-Unsub, first undress and place all your clothes in the
clothes rack. Put on the Velcro slippers located in the cabinet immediately
below. Enter the Con-tainer, taking the entire kit with you. On the control
panel to your upper right upon entering you will see a "Con-tainer seal"
button. Press to activate. A green light will then be illuminated
immediately below. On the intensity knob, select the desired setting. Now
depress the Auto-Unsub activation lever. Act normally.
The Auto-Unsub will automatically go off after three minutes unless you
activate the "Manual off" override switch by flipping it up. When you are
ready to leave, press the blue "Con-tainer seal" release button. The door
will open and you may leave. Please remove the Velcro slippers and place
them in their receptacle.
If you prefer the ultrasonic log-off mode, press the indicated blue button.
When the twin panels open, pull forward by rings A & B. The knob to the
left, just below the blue light, has three settings, low, medium or high.
For normal use, the medium setting is suggested. After these settings have
been made, you can activate the device by switching to the "ON" position
the clearly marked red switch. If during the Unsubscribing operation, you
wish to change the settings, place the "manual off" override switch in the
"OFF" position. You may now make the change and repeat the cycle. When the
green exit light goes on, you may log off and have lunch. Please close the
door behind you. Don't forget to dress before leaving the room.
- --
Best regards,
LCML - mailto:lcadmin_at_d-web.com