RE: WH Dana 20 Extreme Duty output shaft

From: Scott B Okelberry <planetbronco_at_juno.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 19:54:39 -0700

The thing about the Atlas that gives me gas is that there is such a
gapping hole between 4hi and 4low. The guys I wheel with that have them
are constantly shifting in and out of 4low. My plan is to install the
tera low 3.15 gears in and a WH 203 crawl box between the tranny and the
t-case. That will give me 4 ranges to choose from. 1:1, 2.0:1, 3.15:1,
and 6.30:1.
Price wise I'm looking at $700 for gears, $1400 for the crawler, and $500
for the rear output, which I won't change till I'm stuck at rocker
knocker or some other obstacle. It's more fun that way... isn't it?
Just one mans opinion. Flame away.

And isn't there an adaptor required for the Atlas? I may be wrong.

Scott
Living in Digest Purgatory