Throttle Resolution Mod.Re: Re: Choice of injectors/393 stroker

From: Robert Space <us004937_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:31:04 -0500

My throttle had no resolution also. It felt like I was either idling or at
3000rpm, no control, and esp. a pain with that great 5.0 throttle
response. It was undrivable when off-roading, extremely touchy esp. when
the truck would start to bounce, and I would start to bounce, etc. I
happen to have a stock '86 TB that had the little ball that the cable snaps
to, well it had a nut and a threaded end. So I drilled a hole in my other
'88 TB, and took a piece of 3/4"x 1/8" flat stock. maybe 3-5" long. I
drilled one hole on the end for the threaded throttle ball, and another
larger hole to go over and around the stock throttle ball, to leave it in
place. Then I used 2 self tapping screws to hold the extender arm onto the
stock TB. If it ever breaks or falls off or whatever, I still have the
stock hook up to get me home. I think I extended it a total of 1/2"
tops. What will happen if you try to go any further is the cable will
started to bind the plastic throttle stop that is in the cable. I hit mine
with a little lithium lube to make sure it didn't stick. It has got to be
the cheapest bang for the buck mod yet.

Rob Space
77 Halfcab SEFI