Fuel Mileage?

From: G. Ringuette <datzed_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:02:08 -0800

Hi,

I recently picked up my first EB and was wondering what you guys were
getting for fuel mileage with the stock 302. I didn't buy the truck to save
on gas but I currently have a long commute to work and would like any advice
to improve my mileage (getting about 12mpg). It's a 1977 with a completely
stock 302 (has only 68xxx miles). I plan to upgrade for performance but
could use help with the mileage until then since I cannot use my aux. tank
and it seems that I'm filling up the main tank alot and there are no leaks
anywhere.

Any help or advice on what carb/intake to get for perf. and improved mileage
would be appreciated,

thanks,

G.