I hate to start this again, but.......

From: Marc Milner <rckcrlr_at_networld.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:24:08 -0700

Hey guys, I know this has been hashed and rehashed, but I just need the basic info.
A fellow lister is the proud owner of my Dana 20, so it is off to buy an Atlas. However, I want to up grade the trany now too. I was thinking C6, not too worried about od. Even considered a th350 or 400, but perfer to stay Ford.
But, today I found a AOD with only 10k miles on it for $200. Is it worth using a AOD? What issues do they have? I have even considered a 700, but they are pricey to get and rebuild.
I do have a 2" body lift so whatever should clear the floor/firewall.
So basically why don't I want the AOD?
Why not a C6?
Any one want a C4 and adapter?
TIA