Re: 9" pinion Shaft seal

From: MICHAEL MUSSETT <mkmussett_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 22:35:34

You will want to have a shop do it unless you are comfortable doing some
work on the diff. There is a crush washer in there that will need
replaceing ........ I'm not real spun up on the whole thing but I know that
turned out to be a HUGE deal when I did mine....Luckly I was in the process
of buying a detroit complete third member. The one I bought has a solid
washer that will allow me to change the pinion seal with no probs now....

Mike