Re: [Bfix] Fuel Mileage?

From: Tom Green <tlgreen2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:45:14 -0800 (PST)

With the crappy gas they sell these days 12 to 15 is probably what you
should expect. If you stick with small tires and put synthetic
lubrcates everywhere, and drive like grandma you might get 20 on the
highway if you stay under 55. Calculate how much gas it will take to
drive a day ( in my case about $6 per day) then figure out how much car
you can buy for that. At one time I was spending $200 a month on gas.
 I bought a brand new sentra for 170 a month, and at the end of the 5
years sold it for 3000$.
Tom

--- "G. Ringuette" <datzed_at_shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently picked up my first EB and was wondering what you guys were
> getting for fuel mileage with the stock 302. I didn't buy the truck
> to save
> on gas but I currently have a long commute to work and would like any
> advice
> to improve my mileage (getting about 12mpg). It's a 1977 with a
> completely
> stock 302 (has only 68xxx miles). I plan to upgrade for performance
> but
> could use help with the mileage until then since I cannot use my aux.
> tank
> and it seems that I'm filling up the main tank alot and there are no
> leaks
> anywhere.
>
> Any help or advice on what carb/intake to get for perf. and improved
> mileage
> would be appreciated,
>
> thanks,
>
> G.