Re: [Bfix] 9" pinion Shaft seal

From: Craig _at_ Mprints <mprints_at_peoplescom.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:24:24 -0600

> > The seal on my 9" leaks around the pinion. Is this something I can
> > replace, or does it need to go to a shop for appropiate torqueing and
> > what ever.

I'll second what David said, I had a leaking pinion seal, and was able to
remove the pinion assembly only (the 5 or 6 bolts right at the pinion) not
the whole chunk. (I WAS TOLD NOT TO MOVE THE TRUCK WHILE IT WAS OUT!)
 Then I took it and a solid pinion spacer w/shims I got from Summit for
16.00 to the mechanic. He charged me $20 to change the seal and install the
pinion spacer. Then I bolted it back in. Has worked perfectly and now if I
need to pull it, there is no crush sleeve to jack with.

Craig Musgraves
Mineola Texas
www.BroncoAds.com
'74 under construction