windshield tied to cage--who's using solid steel stock?

From: Garner Sutterfield <stocker75_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 22:56:07 -0800 (PST)

Hey Gang,

I've seen this thread a few times, and I'm aware of
most of the popular options for tying the windshield
to the cage (including hood bumpers, turnbuckles, and
Randy's cable method). I think for simplicity I would
rather put one piece of 1/8" x 1" steel stock in the
middle from the cage and under a windshield channel
bolt for the soft top.

Should this allow enough flex to avoid any damage off
road? No body lift, soon to be poly mounts. I think
Mike Kirkus goes this route on his production cages,
but I wanted some feed back from people running it.

Thanks for any input,
Garner