Off Road for Hope Report

From: Steve Sampson <EBR_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 11:49:45 -0800
Great report, Steve, and great wins at the raffle.  OK with you if I print your story in a future Horsing Around?

Steve

At 08:31 PM 2/8/2002, Stephen Urban wrote:
I went to the Muscular Dystrophy event "Off Road for Hope" this last
weekend at Ocotillo Wells.  Had a good time even though it started bad.
Right after I arrived on Friday I buried the RV.  I was stuck GOOD!!
After 2 hours of digging I had moved about 4 feet.  A couple came over
and offered to try to pull me out with their Jeep but needless to say
that didn't work.  Then they got a friend with a big truck and a PTO
winch.  That got me out but it still took an hour.  Had to drag me back
out of where I was and across the road till I was stuck on the other
side so that they could then winch me from the front to get me on the
road and facing the correct way.  The guy that pulled me out was from
CORVA (CA Off Road Vehicle Association), so I am the newest life member
they have . . .

Sorry I didn't get to hook up with more Bronco people while I was there,
but I will be attending "Bronco Daze" in April.

Later
Steve Urban
EBR#0692
CA4WDC#3576
NRA & CRPA Life Member
29 Palms, CA
"sfu_at_adelphia.net" <mailto:sfu@adelphia.net>

Steve Sampson (70 Bronco, 5.0L, nothing left that's stock but parts of the frame)
Early Bronco Registry
An International Non-Profit Association Dedicated to the Early Bronco
Editor of Horsing Around - the Voice of the EBR
www.EarlyBronco.com
EBR_at_san.rr.com
858-530-2471 (voice/fax)