Currie High Pinion

From: TL Green <tlgreen2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 06:01:01 -0800

The majority of the repsonses I got on my pinion seal leak was that I should have a shop do most or all the work.
THe gears are already toast. The shop told me they only had a year of life left 5 years ago ( and they did look bad). It's also time to move away from the 28 spline axles.
Anyone have experience with the Currie High pinion.
What I am thinking of is going with the CHP with a detriot and 35 spline axles. The 35s only appear to be 10$ more and you need a case that takes bigger bearings anyhow. I think I would have a very hard time taking out the 35 spline axles with my 5.0.

In the long run I hope to add a klunev/marlin crawler, I was thinking the 3.5 inches of clearence, and straighter driveshaft would be helpful too.

JUst in case.... anyone ever break 31 spline curries or mosers?
Thanks
Tom

Tom Green
67 Bronco
5.0 SEFI, C4 Scout PS ARB, lockrite, 3.73s, On Board Air
http://www.teamslick.cc
http://www.teamslick.cc/SEFI.html ( Tips on the SEFI conversion)