Re: thermostat

From: <RSanJuan_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:43:16 EST

Laddle,

I've been using a 180 degree thermostat in my EB for the past year and it
seems to be a good mix for both winter and summer. The 180 is recommended in
my 74 manual as the "medium" t-stat. You could switch to a 190 or 195 in the
winter if you want your motor to run a bit warmer. Don't bother with a 160
for the summer though, as it will remain open most of the time, and doesn't
allow the coolant enough time to cool within the radiator.

Just my $0.02
Ralph SanJuan
74 Soft-top/302/C4/PS/PB/AC/6xRancho 9000's