soda blasting the EB-need advice

From: Bob & Janet Wood <johngalt_at_zenitharchery.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:27:06 -0500

In prep for the install of my new 351W EFI (under construction), I want
to blast the engine compartment and paint it nice-nice to match the
sheer brilliance and awe-inspiring magnificence of the new puffer.

I think I want to soda blast it, but I have little knowledgeable
experience with blasting. I have an old Craftsman POS gravity feed
blaster that I use for big rough jobs, but it is so inefficient as to be
almost not worth the effort. I'm going to get a new blaster.

Questions:

Do I want to use soda?
Are there different grades of baking soda for this purpose?
Will any blaster handle soda?
Is there a big difference between gravity feed and pressurized blasters?
If I were to get one of the small units from Harbor Freight or such,
will I be sorry?
Anyone know of an on-line resource for professional quality used
blasters?

Anything else that I forgot to ask, please offer me the insight.

TIA

Bob