RE: Harness mounting questions

From: <jangel_at_ci.tacoma.wa.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:55:11 -0800

You don't want it mounted to the floor or close because in a wreck it'll
compress your spine. The SCORE rulebook says to mount the harness 3" below
shoulders. Some people believe that mounting it like SCORE says can lead to
lower back injuries. The NASCAR rulebook and Bell Motorsports say that the
belt should be mounted 2" above the shoulder. Either way should be ok since
I don't see your bronco doing 100+mph into a wall or sand dune.