Re: [Bfix] new 5.0 at home

From: Kevin Lackey <>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 13:41:29 -0700 (MST)

A note on salvage auctions.

These are auctions where they auction off cars from insurance companies.
Do a search at google on "auto salvage" + auction and you will get a
bunch of hits. These are the auctions that all the local salvage yards
go to and buy their stuff at. They will pay $600-700 for a whole car and
part it out for $2-3k. The better shape new builadble cars go for more
money... The 88 mustang I bought could be put into new shape for about
$1000.00 in parts and paint. Needs new fender, hood, bumper, and hedlight
assemby,plus a little paint.

Most of these auctions require that you have an auto salvage license or a
dealership license depending on their rules. You may be able to get a
license... depends upon the requiremnets of your state.


 On Fri, 8 Feb 2002 wrote:

> where do you find out about the salvage auctions...just curious?
> Thanks
> Ken

Pereant, inquit, qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
Received on Mon Feb 11 2002 - 16:54:43 MST

Email us at:
Many thanks to our contributors.
© 1996 - 2016