Re: '85 HO and Clutch Linkage

From: <toddz69_at_juno.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:31:17 -0700

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:22:36 -0500 Matt Smith <velpoe_at_starpower.net>
writes:
> The mustang block doesn't seem to have the same
> tapped
> hole for part of the clutch linkage that the bronco block had. I'm
> talking about the arm that bolts to both the bellhousing and the
> block.
> I 'm not sure what the part is really called. I didn't bolt
> anything up

An easy way to fix that is to weld tabs on the bracket to catch the
bellhousing bolts just above and below where the bracket goes. It works
well-I ran mine like that for several years when I had a 435 behind my
5.0.

HTH,
Todd Z.