q-jet questions

From: hotrod069 <hotrod069_at_mail.ev1.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:28:59 -0600

Any ideas on leaning a q-jet (1970-ish model from autozone) sitting on a edelbrock performer alum. intake? The fumes are getting me stoned....even with the hard top on. I do love knocking people off their bikes at stop signs and lights though.:>)

I adjusted the timeing, got the idle set pretty good, checked for any vacume leaks, and twisted the screws out 1.5 turns....it wouldnt run. They are at about 2.5-3 turns out for it to be smooth.

I have new plugs in and a pertronix ignitor, so I know that all is o.k.

The screw on the pass side (below the choke mechanism)has not been altered, as I turned a bit on it and it upped my idle so I put it back where it was. I assume this is for the secondaries. Does this need to be adjusted as well?

If so, where should it (pass side screw)be set?

TIA*

--
Jody Kunze