RE: Carrier ID and Lincoln Locker

From: Hughson Wesley W DLPC <HughsonWW_at_ncsc.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 15:31:38 -0600

If it just has gears and pins in it and no clutch plates and springs, its
open.

As far as welding the front, it'll be tough to steer on grippy surfaces,
because in a turn, the outside tire travels further than the inside. So,
something has to give either you spin one or both of the tires, you go in a
straight line, or you break something.

If you do the front, you can get good steerability by unlocking one of the
hubs, but then that defeats the purpose of the locker. Your probably better
off with an automatic locker or limited slip.

Wes Hughson, CSS
Panama City Beach, Fl