Welder Miller 210

From: Todd <mybigdog_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:28:53 -0800

I just got a Miller 210 with the free spool gun. The local shop still had 6 in stock with the spool gun for $1200, 5 now :). I had a cheap little 220v mig that didn't work that great. I can't wait to try the new one.

I want to hook it up to the 220v dryer plug in my garage but the amp rating is only 30 amps and I was told that you should use a minimum of 40 amps and preferably 50 amps. Will it work on 30 amps until I get some rewiring done or should I wait? What wire should I use for a 50 amp circut?

I was thinking about making some money back by selling the spoolgun but I don't want to regret it if I need it for something later. I can't really think of anything I would need to weld in aluminum or stainless. What does everyone else think?