RE: Dewalts XRP

From: Matt Breese <meb247_at_psu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:20:42 -0500 (EST)

We use both Dewalt and Milwakee on the job. I'll say I've been impressed with
both. For lighter work the Dewalts are great. THey last a very long time and
they're tough. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've dropped that
Dewalt off a 6 foot ladder. Never broke it once (thank goodness). When I need a
tough friggin cordless, I bust out the Milwakee. That thing has some serious
torque. I'm constantly amazed that the Milwakee doesn't have a cord.

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:26:10, 70 Bronco wrote:

> I have a 9.6v Makita that I bought back in 1988 or 1989. Been a great drill but is just about ready to die. Been looking at new ones and have it narrowed
down to two. Dewalt and Milwaukee. I have 2 Milwaukee corded drills, and have
been extremely pleased with them (bought them back in '88 or '89 too). Has
anyone looked at or own a cordless Milwaukee? What's your opinion of them? I
heard Dewalt is owned by Black & Decker. Haven't always been pleased with
Black & Decker but I have talked with a few guys at work that use the Dewalts
and love 'em.