Re: [Bfix] Welder Miller 210

From: Todd <mybigdog_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 14:52:09 -0800

$1200 was the cash price

A& R Welding Supply
2131 Gloden Hill Rd
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805)237-4007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Lackey" <lackkevi_at_inconnu.isu.edu>
To: "Todd" <mybigdog_at_pacbell.net>
Cc: <ebml_at_bronco.com>; <mail_at_broncofix.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: [Bfix] Welder Miller 210

> Tood,
> Where is that local shop?
> Kevin
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, Todd wrote:
>
> > I just got a Miller 210 with the free spool gun. The local shop still
had 6 in stock with the spool gun for $1200, 5 now :). I had a cheap little
220v mig that didn't work that great. I can't wait to try the new one.

> > I want to hook it up to the 220v dryer plug in my garage but the amp
rating is only 30 amps and I was told that you should use a minimum of 40
amps and preferably 50 amps. Will it work on 30 amps until I get some
rewiring done or should I wait? What wire should I use for a 50 amp circut?

> > I was thinking about making some money back by selling the spoolgun but
I don't want to regret it if I need it for something later. I can't really
think of anything I would need to weld in aluminum or stainless. What does
everyone else think?