Re: Late Model Bronco Fuel Injection

From: Tom Green <tlgreen2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:10:20 -0800 (PST)

The basic idea is the same, but what happens is that when it fires one
injector on the right bank it fires all the injectors on the right
bank.

SEFI fires each injector as the intake valve opens ( theoretically),
I'm not positive, but from what I've heard it fires each bank a couple
of times each cycle. With SEFI the injector on a cylinder it just does
it once. SEFI should produce more horsepower because the fuel should
be atomised and therefore burn better.
In reality this probably only makes a difference at low speeds. As the
engine speeds up and the air flow increases you probably won't notice a
difference. I have heard that all you need to do is stick a speed
density SEFI computer on a batch fire engine and it will work as SEFI.
Tom