Re: [Bfix] Welder Miller 210

From: Ben Saunders <ben_at_vintagefordbronco.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 18:27:03 -0700

Mine is set up on a 30 amp breaker and I have had no problems - even tried
it at full power to test on some half inch plate - never popped the
breaker. I am on a slightly different circuit than you though - I ran 6ga
to my garage and put in a sub panel, then 6ga to my two "welder" outlets -
I have 254volts at the outlet, so for the same watts I don't need to pull
as many amps as someone with only 220v. The owners manual calls for a
maximum of 30 amp time delay or 40 amp standard breaker at 230volts. It is
rated for a maximum consumption of 27.1A at 230v.

I was thinking about selling the spool gun until I got started using the
welder, its so much better than the old 110v I was using that I am coming
up with all kinds of ideas for using it - including making my own fan
shroud and some skid plates - for those I will probably use alum (steel
re-enforcements on the skids). Either way I am sure you can find a use for
the spool gun, but if not - It could by a set of nice alloy axles.....

- Ben Saunders
'74 Bronco - Colorado
http://www.HBS-performance-offroad.com - Setrab coolers, Corbeau seats,
Firestik antennas, K-4 switches, Mechanix wear, CTM u-joints.......
http://www.vintagefordbronco.com - personal page in the works