Re: Dewalt tools have my vote....They support us

From: jamesguld <jamesguld_at_cybermesa.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:27:26 -0500

I'll agree for the most part except that in the past few years some of Dewalts
tools slipped a little in quality. One example is the 5" variable speed random
orbit sander. I have an older version,mid 90"s, made by B&D when they had
their "Professional" line in the gray plastic casing. Same product as
Dewalts. A friend of mine has one of the new variable speed units and the
switch went in about a month and the redesigned dust collection bag ripped in
about the same amount of time. Also they no longer offer the model with the
PSA pad only the hook-loop pad. I prefer the PSA pad,the sandpaper is a lot
less expensive and you don't have to worry about the hook-loop pad wearing out
causing the disks to come flying off. I do like their cordless drills,they
have a nice feel balance wise, even though I have a Porter Cable 14.4V 1/2"
hammer/drill version.